Friday, September 6, 2013

Interview with Kier from FASHION ADDICT



You seem like a very lively and dynamic person, tell us more about you, where do you come from, your origins?
 I am very dynamic, what a great word to describe me! I am a little dramatic and never quite fit in in the small town, I am from  Washington State, I feel like I've finally been able to be myself in Los Angeles and I'm loving every minute of it. 



And what about your personality?
I am super opinionated, dramatic, easily entertained and make stupid jokes that sometimes only I laugh at... I find that people are prejudice about all kinds of things, race, sex, sexual orientation and attractiveness too, and people often think, when they first see me that I'll be a huge bitch, sometimes I say something way overly bitchy trying to joke around and it rarely goes over- for some reason I keep doing it...Usually my boyfriend can rectify the situation by making a similar joke that ALWAYS goes over- it's so unfair lol, but the people who know me laugh, because it's so unlike me.. I'm pretty easygoing ironically. Quite the dichotomy, I am.



 Your fashion website is ''fashion Addict'', what is it all about and are YOU really a fashion addict?
I am easily bored and move on from things fairly quickly, I try things and quit them like I change clothes, the two things that have always stuck with me are cooking and fashion. Sometimes wearing a cute outfit is the only reason I will get out of bed on a bad day. I have been known to shop anywhere and yes, I used to have anxiety about leaving a store without a purchase.. I've overcome that need, now I only buy something if I really love it, and not to calm my nerves. My blog is a personal style diary first, then a place for me to review restaurants, nightclubs, clothing lines, products (as I am very opinionated), and of course a place I cover all kinds of fashion news and events. 

You have around 100 pair of shoes wow, tell us more about this collection?
Kier: ''I’ll buy two pairs of the exact same shoe and keep one in the box until the other is worn out… ''  tell us more about it




Here is a good portion of my heels, there are more shelves below and a closet of boots and a rack of flats as well.. Of course with some of my hats on top! :) Like I say in my "about me", I have a few duplicate pairs of these shoes in boxes at the top of my closet, (especially if the shoes are from ZARA, because you'll never see them again, once something from Zara is sold out, it's gone.. except for in other bloggers post which torture me!) and when the original pair gets too stretched out, lost or ruined, I'll still have them, but new again! I do the same thing with clothes that are white.. buy two.

Your Bucket list is very interesting, is their a story behind it and what  is your BIGGEST dream?
I have always felt like life is too short and I want to get in as much as possible before I die.. I think I had a school project along the lines of writing what  we wanted to do before we died, and we had to complete one of the things on the list within year.. (The one I completed was to walk The Walk of Fame.) I enjoyed it, and continued to add to the list.. 


What is your motto in life?
Be yourself. Everybody else is already taken. 

Where do you do your shopping, any favourite brands or online shops?
I love Kate Spade, Michael Kors, Zara, ASOS, TopShop, H&M and Forever 21 for my most common stuff, luxury brands, I love Charlotte Olympia, Dolce & Gabbana, Saint Laurent, and Chanel.

How would you define your style, what influence it and where do you draw your inspiration?
I'd say my style is 1950's/1960's meets present day. I love classic shapes and silhouettes, tailored items, in bright colors with a sexy edge. My style is part crazy old lady, part Marilyn Monroe, part Audrey Hepburn and part trouble causing fun! 


what do you like to do in your spare time?
In my spare time I love to go out with my boyfriend and try new restaurants, travel, swim (not as a sport, I just love water.) go to blogger events with my blogger buddies (Laura from Lauralily.net and Sophie from AngelFoodStyle.com to name a couple) and of course, go shopping.


 According to you what is most important in a look?
Fit 100%. No matter what your style is, if it fits well, and how it's meant to fit, even if it's not form-fitting- like a loose shift dress, as long as it has shape and doesn't look like a tent, chances are you'll look better than half the people anywhere- the fit. I also think fit displays an attention to detail, and a quality that people, especially employers, notice right away. 

You've been  wearing hats since birth, is it your indispensable accessory?
I have curly hair, I love accessories, I hate the sun in my face, hats solve so many of my problems lol, I couldn't live without them. In Jr High I even petitioned that girls should be allowed to wear hats in school if they went with their outfits.. It didn't work for my class, but It did make room for discussion, and they actually did change the rule about 3 years after that.. You're Welcome!! 


What is your favorite color?
I don't think I have one. Maybe lavender, like my blog logo, but I love so many colors.

Your 5  favorite fashion blogs you read daily?

Which place does fashion takes in your life, is it your way of expression, a passion etc....
Fashion is so many things to me, it represents freedom, because of so many women in countries where they don't have the freedom to wear what they want, or they don't have the funds, which represents how grateful I am to be where I am in life that I can afford to dress how I want (of course there are things I cant buy yet, but I think I'm very lucky with what I have). It's also my passion- I finally found something (my blog) that drives me, challenges me and helps me be creative and hone my writing skills, and paint.. Yes, I have recently started painting my favorite fashion images from my blog and will be selling the paintings on my blog.



If you had to escape the real life where would you go? 
Underwater and become a mermaid

Ultimate fashion tip?
Invest in a good tailor, and "Be faithful to your own taste, because nothing you really like is ever out of style." -Billy Baldwin

Your own EXPERIENCE
Recently I have made a huge decision to get a breast enlargement and rather than trying to hide them from my readers and leave them feeling disconnected from me and full of questions like "Omg does she have two massive tumors in her chest?" lol, I've decided to document the entire count-down and surgery and afterward how I'm feeling, etc.. I think there a lot of girls considering it who don't have adequate information about it, and I'm a very honest person, and I'm confident in my decision so I thought, why not? read more about that on my first post here, and follow the countdown.. 


Check more about  Kier:

Fashion website: http://www.fashionaddict.la/











Follow on Bloglovin

60 comments:

  1. It's a sweet photo blog by you for Fashion addicts. As a content developer, I understand that what it takes to write unique & unknown points in an article to make it highly readable among the audience and this article has everything it takes in making itself famous.

    Online Costume Jewellery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super stylish!! I just love the heels photo!!! xxx

    www.stylentonic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowsa she's gorgeous. Love an eclectic style like hers, it's always so inspirational. Sophie X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Che meravigliosa questa donna!

    http://www.cultureandtrend.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww you are so hot and beautiful :)))

    check out my blog<3
    If you like it follow me and I will follow you back!
    http://the-newone.blogspot.nl
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm following you!
    thank you for your visit!
    xoxo

    http://tirateladimeno.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, thank you for visit my blog :)
    Now i'm your follower on gfc and bloglovin :)
    This post is very cute :)
    thank youuuu :) http://valentinaclothedanew.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  8. so gorgeous i love those outfits !!! i just discover you're blog and it is amazing :)
    i followed u hope u ll do the same :)
    xoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. She´s so gorgeous and so is this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow you look so chic and pretty!

    www.lessismoreblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. SHE SO BEAUTIFUL!!!
    FOLLOW EACH OTHER?

    SHAN
    www.memyheelsandi.com
    www.memyheelsandi.com
    www.memyheelsandi.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is gorgeous, honey.


    Kisses,

    Nicole

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is totally fantastic! I love the fun style! Anyone with a shoe addiction like me is awesome!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great post :) I always love reading your blog!

    mfashionfreak♥blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello dear Brooklyn,great interview!she is soo pretty,love her style!!
    http://shoppingtherapy153.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never heard about her before, I like her style!
    Win $100 to spend on Cichic!!
    Come back soon to visit me on Cosa Mi Metto???

    ReplyDelete
  17. she's cool.. i like her vibe! great interview!! i have just started following you and i do have a new post which i would love for you to check out and keep in touch!

    I Should Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great interview dear!she is so chic/


    xoxo;
    Into The Blush, a Beauty Blog by Kenny.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow thank you for inoducing us to her- I'm hooked on her blog now! I'd love to be featured by you- my email is cc@cecylia.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. how many interviews you have a blog - it's very good! have a nice day!

    mary-tur.ru

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post with beautiful looks! <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. She's such a pretty girl! <3
    xx

    www.be-your-own-hero-now.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super cute and super sexy!! I love her style :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. super cool!
    http://theartist-mona.blogspot.com.es/2013/09/with-my-tartan-skirt.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amazing sesion ;) Very beautiful photos ;)

    I follow you beautiful blog. I hope you will follow me back and I will wait for you in my blog www.gabusiek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Amazing!Love your dresses,and you are so beautiful,I hope you will become my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looking wonderful dear...Love this online boutique collection !!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I live for her blog posts! I think she absolutely amazing.

    Great post!

    xo
    Eesh | The Other Side of Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  29. She is so beautiful and I love her style.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  30. Looking so pretty dear...I just love your designer tunics ..wonderful !!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. So gorgeous, try some designer footwear it will suits on you !!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi dear!!

    I would love to make part of your project!! Let me know!!

    xoxo

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great post!

    http://closertotheedgeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous gal;
    loved your blog and in love with your outfilts.
    lets follow each other through GFC..
    http://glamforgood.blogspot.in/

    Love
    Maisha
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your shoe collection is to die for! I love all your different looks :)
    And your bucketlist is great - I hope you complete them all! I have a similar one.
    Lovely blog
    x

    perksofbeingamy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  36. OMG her shoes collection is amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great post <3

    http://closertotheedgeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  38. such an interesting interview:)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Genial post y geniales fotografías!!!
    Saludos

    http://judithbysucre.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  40. oh wow she is amazing !!!
    perfect body !
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  41. Such an awesome interview! she's so stylish!! But I really like your style too! xx let me know if you would like to follow each other. Love your blog!! xx haemeandrobecca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great blog!! Happy New Year!!
    Would you like to follow each other on gfc/bloglovin?

    Enter my giveaway here:
    http://asweetwoorld.blogspot.com/2013/12/rosegal-international-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

6 Pins in a shoe Headline Animator

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow MaryLOVESthat